RULES FOR SHABBAT MORNING SERVICES AT ETZ CHAIM IMPORTANT RULES AND ADVICE ON ATTENDING ANY SHUL SERVICES
RULES FOR SHABBAT MORNING SERVICES AT ETZ CHAIM
IMPORTANT RULES AND ADVICE ON ATTENDING ANY SHUL SERVICES
1. If you show any symptoms of COVID-19 or who live with people with symptoms of COVID-19, or come into contact with a confirmed case at any time between now and Shabbat you MUST NOT come to Shul on Shabbat.
2. If you are asked to self-isolate by the Government’s Track and Trace Service then you MUST NOT come to Shul on Shabbat
3. If either Rule 1 or 2 applies at any time within 14 days of attending a service then you must inform the Shul Office immediately’ This is for the protection of your fellow attendees. You must not attend further services until you have completed the quarantine period.
4. If you will travel to and return from any country for which quarantine will apply between now and Shabbat then you MUST NOT come to Shul on Shabbat
5. If you have children under 12 years who you wish to bring to Shul then this is not allowed and you may be denied entry.
6. No person should feel that they have to attend and if you change you mind about attending then please notify the Shul Office as soon as possible (before the booking deadline) in order to permit someone else to take your place.
RULES & PROCEDURES FOR SHABBAT MORNING SERVICES AT ETZ CHAIM (Main Shul)
1. Entry for shabbat services is by pre-booking only, via the Shul Office.
2. If you arrive before the guard or if there is no-one at the pedestrian gate to let you in, DO NOT ENTER but please wait outside the gate until the appointed COVID Officer has arrived and can let you in.
3. You must use hand sanitiser BEFORE entering the Shul building. A foot-operated hand sanitiser station is provided at the entrance. Further hand sanitising stations are also provided within the Shul.
4. FACE MASKS MUST BE WORN inside the Shul building at all times. Some disposable masks will be available immediately on entering Shul.
5. 2 metre Social Distancing MUST be maintained inside the Shul building. Please remain 2m apart when queueing to get in or out of entrances and exits.
6. If you have a hat or coat, please take this with you to your booked seat. The cloakrooms are not in use. There will be space to leave them on the seat next to you.
7. There will be NO communal Tallesim. You may access your own Tallis and siddurim, etc in a personal locker (but take care not to touch surrounding lockers).
8. If you need a Siddur or Chumash, please choose one on of each from the shelves. Do not handle other books. At the end of the service, please leave these books at your seat.
9. Sit only in your booked seat. This may not be your normal seat.
10. Remain in your booked seat during the Shul Service, except to go to the toilet or for an Aliyah or to leave the premises.
11. If called for an Aliyah, do not go up onto the Bima. Go to the back of the Bima to make the blessings and see the Torah. After your Aliya, please return directly to your seat. Do NOT shake hands with other members of the congregation.
12. There will be no Kiddush at the end of the service.
13. There will be no singing by the Chazan, Baal Koreh or congregation.
14. At the end of the service, exit slowly keeping 2 metres apart using the exits indicated to you.
15. After leaving the Main Shul or the Shul building do not gather in groups to chat. Please leave the grounds of the Shul as quickly as possible.
16. Men’s Cloakroom and Toilets:
a. Follow the ONE-WAY systems through the men’s cloakroom
b. The Men’s toilets will be open. Please use the disinfectant spray and cloths to wipe down the toilet after use and similarly the sink area.
c. No hand washing cup will be available.
17. Ladies Toilets and Cloakroom:
a. The downstairs Ladies cloakroom and attached toilets will be out of use on Shabbat. Place your coat and other items on an empty seat next to you.
b. Two Ladies toilets are available: 1 downstairs in the Bridal Suite, 1 upstairs. Please use the disinfectant spray and cloths to wipe down the toilet after use and similarly the sink area.
c. No hand washing cup will be available.
18. Please follow all instructions given to you. These are mandatory. Etz Chaim Shul reserves the right to ask anyone who refuses to co-operate to leave immediately.